Hello! My name is Rahele Jomepour Bell.
I love telling stories with making pictures. Discovering a new medium and exploring a new technique is the most exciting part of my creation.
I have graduated with MFA in Integrated Visual Arts from Iowa State University in 2015, I now live and work in my home studio located in a beautiful tiny city of Ames in the state of Iowa.
My home studio looks out over a small Iowa yard, with low-speed railroad tracks in the distance. I like watching the train crawl by, especially when I see a rabbit or a squirrel watching. What are they thinking?
I am so honored to be a recipient of the 2018 Illustration Mentorship from We Need Diverse Books.
- 2018 Winner of WNDB Illustration Mentorship
- 2018 SCBWI Bologna Book Fair, shortlisted.
- Merit Award, iJUNGLE ILLUSTRATION AWARDS.
- 2016 Finalists, SCBWI 2016 Bologna Book Fair.
- Winner of the Art Spot for SCBWI Bulletin, summer issue, United States.
- Creative Quarterly No.39.
- Creative Quarterly No.38.
- Creative Quarterly No.36.
- 3x3 Illustration Competition.
- 200 Best Illustrators of Worldwide.
Illustrator Saturday, Huge thanks to Kathy for featuring my portfolio on her amazing blog.
Thanks to Angela Cerrito for interviewing me related my work selected for SCBWI Bologna Book Fair.
Thanks to Joanna Marple for interviewing me.
Attended Conferences and Workshops:
SCBWI-Carolinas, Picture Book Dummy Challenge
SCBWI-Wisconsin, Agent Day 2018: From Mechanics to Masterpiece (Webinar)
SCBWI-Oklahoma, Working with An Art Director. The Illustrator's Experience: Webinar with Giuseppe Castellano.